This shop has been compensated by Drizly. All opinions are mine alone.
Dirty Shirley Temple is a simple and sweet alcoholic beverage inspired by one of my favorite drinks as a child. A regular Shirley Temple has ginger ale, grenadine and a maraschino cherry. As a child, it was always fun to order a “bar” drink… mocktail I guess you could call it. Well, today we are putting the alcohol back in that mocktail!
We had a little bit of fun mixing this drink up. Starting with picking out our liquors! We teamed up with Drizly to get all of our mixings. If you aren’t familiar with Drizly yet, they are a website designed to bring the liquor store to your home. Yes, I said it, liquor store brought to your home.
Just visit their website.
Browse the alcohol and mixings.
Order is delivered to your door. As of now, they deliver in 28 cities and expanding. You can get everything you need for this Dirty Shirley Temple from their site. Ginger ale, cherries, vodka, grenadine, pomegranate juice (if you want to make your grenadine homemade) and even ice.
Here is why I love Drizly:
- I do not have to take my children into a liquor store. Enough said.
- The Drizly website is really neat and easy to navigate. You can browse wines, liquors, beer, party supplies, mixers, recipes and more.
- I looked up some brands that I was super familiar with to see prices and it looks to be very reasonable. You aren’t getting a mark up on the product. Winning!
Here is what you need for a Dirty Shirley Temple:
- Ginger ale (7 up can also work but I like the ginger ale)
- Maraschino cherry
So we jazzed up our Dirty Shirley Temples today just a bit. We went with a cherry vodka to add more flavor and made a homemade grenadine from pomegranate juice. Homemade grenadine is awesome! Try it out. So easy to make! Also, we decided to grab some moonshine cherries to garnish just for a little extra punch. I thought about skipping the vodka and going with moonshine altogether but I’m not in my 20’s anymore and moonshine always has the last laugh with me. I can’t lay in bed with a hangover with kids running around. So here is what our shopping bag for Dirty Shirley Temples looked like today:
- Cherry Vodka
- Pom Wonderful pomegranate juice, sugar and lemon for homemade grenadine <click HERE for full homemade grenadine recipe>
- Canada Dry Ginger Ale
- Maraschino cherry
- Ole Smoky Moonshine cherries
To make the moonshine cherry garnish sticks, you just need toothpicks. Depending on the width of your glass, 2 toothpicks should work per garnish. Just thread the cherries through a toothpick, add a second toothpick to add more length and cherries if needed to fit on glass.
Pin this recipe for later: