15 Minute Yakisoba
- 2 tablespoons olive oil (was recommended to use 2 teaspoons but I like olive oil and wanted to give a light coating to all the veggies)
- .5 bunch of cabbage (can use the whole bunch as it shrinks while cooking)
- 3 carrots julienned
- 4 spring onions thinkly sliced
- 1 cup broccoli
- Japanese noodles, such as soba or udon noodles
- 6 tablespoons Yakisoba sauce
- Bonito flakes to garnish
- Aonori seaweed to garnish
- Gather ingredients, wash vegetables well, grab a wok, cutting board, knife, strainer, measuring cup and tongs.
- Cut the carrots, onions, broccoli and cabbage. Set aside.
- Cook the noodles in the wok on a medium to high heat according to package directions. My directions had one step in English. "Cook until soft" I cooked the noodles for about 3 minutes and strained.
- Add 2 tablespoons of olive oil and your vegetable mixture to the same wok. Cook for 5 minutes tossing every so often.
- Add the noodles and 6 tablespoons yakisoba sauce. Mix for one minute. Taste. May need to add a pinch more yakisoba sauce according to your taste preference. Cook one more minute.
- Place into bowls and garnish with the Bonito and Aonori seaweed flakes.
- Preparation time: 5 minutes
- Cook time: 10 minutes
- Total time: 15 minutes