The 3 Bean Salad with Rice is a simple recipe made with black beans, kidney beans, cannellini beans, red onion, fresh parsley, red bell pepper and Minute® Ready to Serve White Rice with a quick dressing of red wine vinegar, olive oil and Dijon mustard.
- 2– Minute® Ready to Serve White Rice
- 15 ounce can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 15 ounce can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 15 ounce can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/2 red onion, finely diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- Ground pepper
- Heat up two cups of Minute® Ready to Serve White Rice in the microwave according to packages instructions. Remove film on top and microwave for 90 seconds for two cups. Remove from microwave and let cool.
- Open cans of beans and rinse all the beans in a strainer using cold water.
- Place rinsed beans into a large bowl.
- Add rice to bowl.
- Wash and chop parsley, onion and bell pepper. Add to bowl.
- Pour in dressing and mix all ingredients together.
- Chill in refrigerator until ready to serve. Mix again before serving.
- Whisk together olive oil, red wine vinegar, Dijon, sugar and a sprinkle of salt and pepper. You can adjust sugar and Dijon to personal taste.
- Category: Side
- Method: Microwave
Keywords: rice, minute rice, beans, bean salad, side dish, summer dish