5 Ingredient Crock-pot French Dips
- 1 fresh french bread loaf
- 1 can consomme
- 1 packet of Ranch seasoning
- 8 slices of provolone cheese
- 1.5 pounds chuck roast
- In the morning, put the chuck roast into crock-pot on a low heat setting. Rub the Ranch packet seasoning all over meat and add in 1 can of consomme.
- Let cook 6-8 hours. Turn crock-pot setting to warm.
- Preheat oven to broil.
- Remove roast from crock-pot and shred.
- Cut the french bread loaf in half and place under broil for a few minutes. You have the option of buttering the bread before broiling to bring out some extra flavor and nice crisp.
- Remove bread from the oven and immediately place cheese and roast shredding onto sandwich. Cut into separate servings.
- Place some of the crock-pot juice (au jus) into ramekins to put on the side of each sandwich and your family is ready to enjoy an easy, delicious dinner.