Beef Enchiladas are made with six simple ingredients of lean ground beef, black beans, taco seasoning, enchilada sauce, corn tortillas and Mexican style shredded cheese.
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 2 X 10 ounce cans enchilada sauce
- 2 cups Mexican style shredded cheese
- 14 corn tortillas
- 1 ounce envelope taco seasoning
- 15.5 ounce can black beans, drained
- Place a non-stick skillet on the stovetop on a medium-high heat. Add ground beef and break up and cook until browned.
- Once the meat has browned, add 1/2 cup enchilada sauce, taco seasoning and black beans. Remove from heat and stir.
- Add 1 cup shredded cheese, stir again.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a baking dish, pour in 1/2 cup enchilada sauce. Place a corn tortilla in the sauce and make sure the tortilla is completely covered with that sauce (at least on the outside of the tortilla). Fill the tortilla with your meat mixture and wrap. Repeat with each tortilla.
- Once all the tortilla have been wrapped, pour the remaining enchilada sauce over top and sprinkle on remaining cheese.
- Bake for 12 minutes.
- Remove from oven and garnish with some freshly chopped cilantro. Serve.
- Note that I made 2 trays of 7 enchiladas for the photos today. Instructions are for 1 large tray of 14 enchiladas.
- Category: Dinner
- Cuisine: Mexican
Keywords: enchiladas, beef, dinner