Andes Mint Milkshake recipe is here! One of my guilty pleasures during the month of March is the Andes Mint Milkshake from Jack in the Box. I love, love, love these milkshakes. Jack in the Box is rather popular on the west coast where I grew up but here in Cincinnati, there is only one location that I know of and it is not very convenient to where I live. So, I decided to make my own version and it is delicious!
While this milkshake is green and festive for upcoming St Patrick’s Day festivities, it really is appropriate to make year round. Maybe, leave out the shamrock sprinkles after March though. Creamy, minty, chocolatey with a pinch of color. The mint really makes this milkshake refreshing and addicting! Usually, I am satisfied with a sip or two of a milkshake but I drink this baby like water. That is why it makes the cut for my personal guilty pleasure list. I cannot help myself.
Is this milkshake healthy? No. Does this milkshake have any nutritional value? No. Well…maybe some calcium and vitamin D from the dairy.
The Andes Mint Milkshake is perfect for a treat with the family. Celebrate St Patrick’s Day, a birthday, or other fun event. The kids love the green coloring and cherry on top. I don’t know why but if you put a maraschino cherry on anything, the kids go bonkers. Maybe a maraschino cherry represents a dessert in this household. I’m not sure. I just know they go bananas.
Does anyone have any fun recipes for St Patrick’s Day desserts?
What is your favorite milkshake flavor? Let me know in the comments below.
Andes Mint Milkshake recipe is here! One of my guilty pleasures during the month of March is the Andes Mint Milkshake from Jack in the Box. I love, love, love these milkshakes.
- 3 cups vanilla ice cream
- 1 1/2 cups milk (whole milk tastes the best)
- 1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 10 drops of green food coloring
- 16 pieces of andes mints unwrapped
- Whipped cream
- Andes mint to garnish
- maraschino cherry to garnish
- Sprinkles to garnish (optional)
- Place 3 cups vanilla ice cream, 1 1/2 cups milk, 1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract, 10 drops food coloring and 16 pieces of unwrapped Andes mints into the blender.
- Blend until thoroughly mixed.
- Pour into glasses.
- Garnish with whipped cream, a cherry and an Andes Mint on top. Add sprinkles if you wish.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Blender
Keywords: Dessert, milkshake, mint, St Patricks Day, shake, chocolate, vanilla