Cinnamon Apple Granola
- 3 cups oats
- .5 cup almonds, sliced
- .5 cups pumpkin seeds
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon apple spice (optional for more of an apple pie flavor)
- .5 teaspoon salt
- .25 cup brown sugar
- .5 cup applesauce
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1 large green apple, diced
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Dice a fresh apple into small pieces.
- In your dry ingredient bowl, mix oats, almonds, pumpkin seeds, apple spice, cinnamon, salt, brown sugar and diced apples.
- Microwave your coconut oil for 30 seconds to melt.
- In your wet ingredient bowl, add applesauce, honey, melted coconut oil, vanilla extract and maple syrup. Whisk ingredients together.
- Stir all dry and wet ingredients together.
- Place granola onto a parchment covered baking sheet.
- Place into oven for 65 minutes. Mix every 20 minutes.
- Let cool.
- Serve for snack or on top of yogurt.
- Preparation time: 10 minutes
- Cook time: 65 minutes