Thank you Edwards® Desserts for sponsoring this post. Head to the frozen desserts aisle of your grocery store to pick up your favorite Edwards pie and make entertaining a breeze!
That time of year has arrived again- the time for family gatherings, dinner parties with friends and holiday fun. I am sharing How to Create a Decadent Holiday Dessert Bar that is simple and gorgeous with Edwards Desserts as the star of the table.
Holiday hams cooked to perfection, creamy mashed potatoes, casseroles galore, gravy on everything….
… are you hungry, yet? I am sure am.
Holiday food is the best kind. Indulgent, comforting and filling. No holiday is complete without a spectacular dessert to top off the night! Creating a decadent holiday dessert bar is easier than you may think and I am sharing just how to do it.
How to Create a Dessert Bar
CHOOSE A THEME
Start by picking a theme for the dessert bar that coincides with your gathering. My theme was Bright Autumn with a lot of white but pulling in those beautiful fall colors with subtle oranges, gold, greens and browns. I found the letters P, I, and E at a local craft store and they are the perfect touch to the table so everyone knows this is the dessert spot.
SET UP YOUR SPACE
Pick a spot in your home that is convenient to where you are entertaining to set up your dessert bar. I picked the buffet in the dining room to give everyone a little tease during dinner. A little motivation for the adults to save room for dessert or for the kids to eat their veggies couldn’t hurt, right?
WHAT YOU NEED:
- Decor – keep the decorations simple while aligning with the theme. No need to go overboard. A miniature sign and pumpkins alongside the wooden letters to spell out P-I-E was all it took.
- Plates – a plate for every guest.
- Silverware – mix of spoons, knives and forks.
- Pie Server Utensils – one for each pie for serving.
- Cake Stands – cake stands at different levels to set the pies on add a nice design element. Think about cake stands out of the box too! One of my stands is a small wooden crate flipped over.
- Flowers – flowers are the easiest way to add color into a space. I used an Autumn wreath with fake flowers but even a vase with fresh sunflowers would be a great touch.
- Delicious Desserts – pick a variety of pies to please everyone.
Hosting holidays and social gatherings can get a little crazy! There is plenty to do and don’t think you have to make everything homemade from scratch and spend days cooking. Save some time and energy with pre-made items like Edwards pies that offer a homemade taste without all the effort.
Why Edwards Desserts
Edwards makes dessert time so convenient and so darn delicious. With pie flavors like Key Lime, Turtle or Chocolate Crème- you are certain to please all your guests (once they figure out which one to start with).
Get the full scoop on Edwards Desserts by clicking HERE.
Try these amazing pies for great variety at your dessert bar:
Edwards Hershey’s® Chocolate Crème Pie – Chocolate lovers rejoice with layers of chocolate and vanilla crème topped with chocolate pieces, chocolate drizzle on a chocolate cookie crumb crust.
Edwards Turtle Pie – Smooth caramel filling topped with chocolate and pecans on a chocolate cookie crumb crust.
Edwards Key Lime Pie – Your taste buds deserve a vacation. Key lime filling with real Key West lime juice on a vanilla cookie crumb crust.
Edwards Pumpkin Crème Pie – Look for this seasonal decadent dessert as well. Velvety layers of real cream cheese and pumpkin spice on a vanilla cookie crumb crust.
Edwards thaw and serve crème pies are available nationwide and easily found on the frozen dessert aisle at a retailer near you. Look for the box with the gold ribbon detail.
Enter to win a limited-edition, dessert-inspired prize pack by sharing your love for Edwards Desserts on their Facebook page. One lucky entrant will win big with an exclusive holiday dining experience for their town.
Enter for a chance to win this sweet celebration!
Don’t let the stress of the holidays get you down. My 5 best hosting tips will help you get through it all and leave a smile on your face.
- Plan out your holiday gathering. From the guest list to menu, write every detail down.
- Go with what you know. Don’t whip out a brand new recipe book to cook from the day of! Cook the dishes you know already and keep it simple. New recipes should be tested weeks in advance.
- Make what you can in advance. Rolls, gravy, cranberry sauce and mashed potatoes are all great items to make ahead of time and freeze.
- Buy some pre-made items. Go with brands you trust for some pre-made items like Edwards Desserts.
- Ask for help. Don’t feel like you have to do everything because you are the host. You can ask guests to bring particular dishes or ask a few people to come over the night beforehand to help you prep. People like to contribute so don’t be afraid to ask for a little help.
Whatever your holiday plans may be and with whoever you may celebrate them with, a beautifully decadent holiday dessert bar is always a good idea! Let me know about your holiday plans in the comments below and how Edwards Desserts will help make this season’s entertaining a breeze.
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of CLEVER and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.