Avocado Breakfast Boats are a beautiful yet quick meal made with fresh avocado, scrambled eggs, crispy pieces of bacon, diced tomato and Sargento Shreds® Reserve Series™ 18 month aged Cheddar.
Meijer is my favorite grocer to shop at for everything from fresh produce to affordable beauty products. This cutting board photographed is even a Meijer find. I enjoy my weekly shopping trip at Meijer because I can pick up whatever my family needs in one stop and the prices are unbeatable! Not to mention, Meijer is always on top of what is new, like these Sargento Shredded Cheese packs.
Save $.75 off 1 Sargento Shredded Cheese Package with mPerks!
Sargento Shredded Cheese
Sargento has some new cheese cuts available at Meijer. Sargento Shreds® Reserve Series includes a 14 month aged Parmesan, 6 month aged Gouda, an Italian blend, and 18 month aged Cheddar. All these Sargento cheeses are aged, adding more intense flavor to any dish with that extra punch of cheese. Everything is just a little better with one of these delicious Sargento Shredded Cheese varieties.
Avocado Breakfast Boats
Tips & Tricks
These tips and tricks can help determine if your avocado is ready to eat! Be aware that avocados have a small window of that perfect ripeness, so ripe today may mean overripe tomorrow.
A dull, dark brown-purplish color is an indication that your avocado is ripe. Bright green is an indication it is not quite there yet. I typically buy my avocados with a vibrant green tint so they will be ripe in a couple days when I plan to eat them. Note that this color rule doesn’t always apply and all three tips of picking the best avocado should be used.
Rock hard avocados are not yet ripe while mushy are overripe. You want something in between. The avocado should be firm but have a little give when gently squeezed.
Flick The Stem
Flicking the stem off the avocado is, in my opinion, the best way to determine the ripeness of an avocado. By removing the little stem attached to the fruit, you get to see the color your avocado is. You want to see a beautiful green color once that stem is removed. Brown is an indication that the avocado is overripe.
How to Make Perfect Scrambled Eggs
Scrambled eggs should be light, moist, and creamy, seasoned with minimal seasoning of salt and pepper. Sargento Shredded Cheese adds richness and texture.
Cook with a non-stick skillet. This makes cooking and clean up easy peasy. Butter also helps the eggs not to stick and adds flavor. Let the butter melt completely, then add the egg. Then, use a spatula to turn the egg.
A low to medium-low heat is just right. Cooking on a high temperature can burn the eggs or cook them too quickly.
Whisk It Good
Use a whisk to beat the eggs in a small bowl before cooking. Beat the eggs until yolk and whites are fully combined and there is consistency.
Even on a low heat, scrambled eggs only take about a minute to cook. The eggs should look slightly runny when removed from the heat because they will continue to cook. Over-cooked eggs can taste rubbery and dry oppose to creamy and soft.
Avocado Breakfast Boats
- 3-4 Tablespoons Sargento Shreds® Reserve Series 18 month aged Cheddar
- 2 Avocados
- 2 slices Bacon diced
- 4 Eggs large
- 1 Tomato diced
- 1 Tablespoon Butter
- Parsley optional garnish
- Wash outside of the avocados. Cut the avocados in half and dispose of the pit. Scoop out a little bit of the avocado with a spoon and dice the part you removed. Place to the side. The section with the shell will be your avocado boat.
- Wash and chop the tomato. Place to the side.
- Dice the bacon. Cook bacon pieces on a medium-high heat in a non-stick pan for 3 minutes or until at your desired crispness.
- Remove bacon from and place on a paper towel. Place to the side while you cook the eggs. Wipe the non stick pan out clean with a paper towel to remove bacon grease.
- Place the pan back on stove on a low-medium heat. Add 1 Tablespoon butter .
- Beat your eggs in a small bowl with a pinch of salt and pepper. Add eggs pan once the butter has melted. Use a spatula to mix the eggs until they become silky and slightly runny. This should take about one minute. Remove from heat and add 2 Tablespoons Sargento Shreds® Reserve Series 18 month aged Cheddar and the crispy bacon pieces. Mix together and spoon into the avocado boats.
- Add a little more salt and pepper, a pinch more Sargento Shreds® Reserve Series 18 month aged Cheddar, the diced tomato and avocado, any leftover bacon crumbles all on top.
- Serve with a sprinkle of fresh parsley.