Bacon Fried Rice is super quick and delicious meal made with crispy bacon, peas, carrots, scrambled eggs, soy sauce, sesame oil and scallions tossed with Minute® Ready to Serve Basmati Rice.
- 2– Minute® Ready to Serve Basmati Rice cups
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup peas and carrots, diced and frozen
- 2 scallions, chopped
- 4 slices bacon
- 1 Tablespoon soy sauce, I prefer low sodium
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/4 teaspoon ginger, minced (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic, minced (optional)
- Place the two Minute® Ready to Serve Basmati Rice cups in the microwave for 30 seconds. Use a fork to fluff rice up after cooking. Set to the side. Rice will not be completely warmed at this point which is fine, you just want to break it up a bit so it more easily cooks in the pan in a later step.
- Dice bacon slices.
- Chop scallions whites and greens.
- Mince the optional garlic and ginger if adding to dish.
- Heat up a large wok or nonstick pan on stovetop on a high heat. Add bacon and cook until crispy. Drain grease from pan as needed.
- Add the frozen peas, carrots and the whites of the scallion and toss for a couple minutes with bacon.
- Add the optional minced garlic and ginger. Toss for 30 seconds.
- Push the bacon, peas and carrots to the side. Add egg in the pan in an open area and scramble.
- Add in the two Minute Ready to Serve Basmati Rice cups and mix ingredients together while you let the rice fry a bit for a couple minutes.
- Pour in soy sauce and sesame oil. Stir ingredients together.
- Add the greens of the scallions.
I will double this recipe for my family of four.
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Stovetop
Keywords: Minute Rice, rice, bacon, peas, carrots, quick dinner, egg