Bacon Wrapped Turkey Meatloaf for any day of the week! This meatloaf is so tasty with bell peppers, hint of garlic, A1 steak sauce and topped with bacon and barbecue sauce.
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 2 eggs
- 2 pounds ground lean turkey
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 1/2 cups oats
- 2 1/2 Tablespoons A1 steak sauce
- 6 slices bacon
- 3/4 cup BBQ sauce
- Pre heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Gather ingredients, large mixing bowl, measuring cups, parchment paper, roasting pan, knife and cutting board.
- Put 2 pounds of ground turkey into mixing bowl.
- Wash and dice 1 green and 1 red bell pepper and place into bowl.
- Add 1 1/2 cups oats, 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder, 2 eggs, 2 1/2 Tablespoons steak sauce in bowl and mix with hands until well blended. I recommend using gloves for this step.
- Put the meatloaf mixture on top of a small piece of parchment paper on the rack of the roasting pan and form it into a log.
- Wrap and weave 6 slices of bacon on top of the meatloaf.
- Place in oven for 50 minutes.
- Remove from oven and brush on 3/4 barbecue sauce of your choice on top.
- Place back into oven for another 15 minutes.
- Remove meatloaf from oven and let cool for 5 minutes.
- Slice and serve.
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Oven
Keywords: meatloaf, turkey, bacon