Banana Muffins is a classic recipe to utilize those overripe bananas with basic baking ingredients and chopped walnuts sprinkled on top baked just right for a breakfast or snack the whole family is going to love.
- 3 overripe bananas
- 1 large egg
- 1/3 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- Smash 3 overripe bananas in a medium sized mixing bowl. You can use a potato masher or just a fork.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Add egg, melted butter, flour, sugar, baking soda, salt and vanilla extract. Whisk until batter is thoroughly mixed.
- Line a muffin pan with cupcake wrappers or spray with nonstick oil/butter.
- Fill each wrapper 3/4 full of batter.
- Top each muffin with a few chopped walnuts. (optional)
- Bake for 20-24 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Serve warm.
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Oven
Keywords: muffin, banana