Beefy Queso Dip
- 1 pound ground beef
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1 pound White American Cheese (we used Pepper Jack today instead)
- 1 can Rotel, drained
- 1-2 jalapenos (optional on amount of spice you like)
- 1 tomato (optional)
- .5 cup milk
- Gather ingredients, crock-pot, pan, knife, cutting board, and measuring cup.
- Cube 1 pound of White American Cheese and add to crock-pot, followed by 1 can of Rotel tomatoes (drained), 8 ounces of cream cheese, .5 cup of milk.
- Finely chop 1 jalapeno and add desired amount into crock-pot. We like the entire jalapeno but if you don't like much spice, try half.
- Let cook 1-2 hours on low heat setting.
- Stir the cheese a couple times while cooking. It is done when cheese is completed melted. This typically takes 1.5 hours.
- In the pan, cook the ground beef until browned and drain before putting into crock-pot. ( you also have the option of cooking meat before you start melting the cheese to have it all mixed in)
- Garnish with some finely chopped jalapeno and tomatoes.
- Enjoy as a dip, snack bites with shredded cheese and jalapeno slices, or in a cheesy quesadilla.