Birthday Funfetti Waffles are a deliciously fun Birthday morning treat made with some basic baking ingredients and rainbow sprinkles with a glaze drizzle and topped with whipped cream and more sprinkles!
- 2¼ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 Tablespoon baking powder
- 3 Tablespoons confectioners sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 egg whites
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1/4 cup rainbow sprinkles (plus for topping)
- whipped cream
- 1 1/4 cup confectioners sugar
- 3 Tablespoons whole milk
- 4 Tablespoons unsalted butter (melted)
- In a small mixing bowl, use a hand or stand mixer to beat 2 egg whites to a soft peak or until they are white and fluffy. Set to the side.
- In a large mixing bowl, add all other waffle ingredients: flour, baking powder, 3 Tablespoons confectioners sugar, salt, 1 teaspoon vanilla extract, vegetable oil and milk. Whisk until blended.
- Fold in the egg whites and 1/4 cup sprinkles.
- Read instructions of your Belgium waffle maker before you get started because each will have a slightly different cook time or amount of batter that should be used. Warm up the waffle maker and add 1/2 cup batter. Cook 3-4 minutes or as per your waffle makers instructions.
- In a small bowl, make the glaze. Whisk together 1 1/4 cup confectioners sugar, 3 Tablespoons confectioner sugar, 4 Tablespoons of melted butter and just a pinch of salt. Drizzle over waffles.
- Top the waffles with a little whipped cream and more sprinkles.
- Category: Breakfast