Blackberry Vodka Tonic is a refreshing summer cocktail made with a fresh blackberry simple syrup, vodka, tonic water and lime juice.
- 1 1/2 ounce -2 ounces vodka
- 1 Tablespoon blackberry simple syrup
- 1/4 lime, squeezed
- 4 ounces tonic water
- blackberries to garnish
- lime slice to garnish
- crushed ice
Blackberry Simple Syrup
- 1 cup water
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 6 ounces blackberries (1 1/2 cups)
- Make blackberry simple syrup. Let cool.
- Add shot of vodka into lowball glass filled with ice.
- Add Tablespoon of blackberry simple syrup.
- Squeeze in some fresh lime juice.
- Top with tonic water.
- Garnish with blackberries and slice of lime.
Blackberry Simple Syrup (Makes 1 cup worth)
- Add fresh blackberries, water and sugar into a saucepan.
- Bring to a simmer for 10 minutes. Stir often.
- Mash blackberries.
- Strain through a mesh strainer into a sealable glass container.
- Let cool and store in fridge.
- Keep it low calories and sugars with a zero calorie, no sugar tonic water.
- Category: Drinks
- Method: Stovetop
Keywords: blackberry, vodka, cocktail, tonic