Brownie Cup Sundaes are a really fun treat for the whole family made with a box of brownie mix, vanilla ice cream, sprinkles, whipped cream and a maraschino cherry. Each is also topped with either chocolate fudge, strawberry sauce or caramel!
Brownie Cup Sundaes
Brownie Cup Sundaes are a fudgy chocolate brownie base that have been baked in a muffin and pressed with the bottom of a shot glass to form a little “bowl” or cup. This brownie cup holds a scoop of vanilla ice cream perfectly! The warm brownie paired with the ice cold and creamy ice cream is just perfect. You can’t have a proper sundae without a few other goodies like sprinkles, whipped cream and a sweet maraschino cherry. Instead of doing a dollop of fudge on each of these brownie cup sundaes, I let everyone also choose between a strawberry sauce, caramel sauce or the chocolate to personalize these mini desserts.
You may enjoy using this recipe for No Churn Vanilla Ice Cream!
Pick your favorite brownie recipe or just grab the box stuff like I did today. Mix the brownies following the instructions on the box then generously cover a muffin pan with a non-stick cooking spray. Add the brownie batter to each muffin cup filling 3/4 and making a total of 10. Bake in the oven for 25 minutes on 350 degrees. Remove from oven, let cool for 10 minutes and then spray the bottom of a shot glass with cooking spray. Press the center of each brownie using the bottom of the shot glass to create that bowl that will hold the ice cream. Removing the brownies from the muffin pan is the most difficult part of this whole recipe. After the brownies are cooled, take a knife along the edges of each brownie to release it from the pan and then gently lift the whole brownie out. I admit- one brownie cup got lost in the process today! So just be patient and go slow with this step.
Use any delicious toppings you want for the Brownie Cup Sundaes. Sprinkles, whipped cream and a maraschino cherry are given but also add a sauce or fudge. Caramel, chocolate or strawberry are all fantastic!
Make Your Own Strawberry Sauce:
- 1 pound fresh strawberries, hulled and diced
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 Tablespoon cornstarch
- Wash, hull and dice strawberries. Add to a non-stick pan on a medium-low heat.
- Squeeze the juice of half a lemon in.
- Add sugar to pan and half the water.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the remaining water and cornstarch. Add to pan. Whisk everything together and let sauce simmer for 5 minutes.
- Let cool for 5 minutes and put in a blender until smooth. Serve over sundaes.
Brownie Cup Sundaes are a really fun treat for the whole family made with a box of brownie mix, vanilla ice cream, sprinkles, whipped cream and a maraschino cherry.
- 18 ounce box brownie mix
- ingredients needed to complete brownie mix from box. Mine also needed: eggs, vegetable oil and water
- 48 ounce container vanilla ice cream
- whipped cream
- rainbow sprinkles
- maraschino cherries
- strawberry sauce
- chocolate fudge
- caramel sauce
- non-stick cooking spray oil
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk brownie ingredients together following instructions on box.
- Cover muffin pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Fill 10 compartments with brownie mix filling about 3/4 full.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool for 10 minutes.
- Spray the bottom of a shot glass with the non-stick cooking spray and press into the center of each brownie creating a little bowl.
- Let brownies cool completely.
- Carefully remove each brownie from pan. It helps to use a knife around the edges of each to release the brownie from the pan and slowly pull up the bottoms.
- Top each brownie cup with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
- Top with either chocolate fudge, strawberry sauce or caramel.
- Add a dollop of whipped cream followed by some sprinkles and a cherry.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Oven
Keywords: Brownie, Ice Cream, Sundae, Birthday, Chocolate, Vanilla