Candy Cane White Chocolate Chip Cookies are made with basic baking ingredients, white chocolate chips and crushed candy cane bits for a festive treat even Santa wants to sneak in this holiday season.
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons hot water
- 11 ounces white chocolate chips
- 5 candy canes
- Place candy canes into ziploc bag. Use a rolling pin or something similar to crush the candy canes. Save for later.
- In a large mixing bowl, add softened hutter, granulated sugar and brown sugar. Use a hand or stand mixer to beat until creamy and smooth.
- Add vanilla extract and eggs. Beat again.
- Add salt.
- In a seperate bowl, dissolve baking soda in hot water and then add to dough. Use mixer to beat while slowly adding in flour.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Place dough in refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Use a cookie scoop to place dough onto baking sheet giving space between each to bake.
- Place crushed candy canes on top of each cookie. I like to just dip the top of each cookie dough ball into the bag of crushed candy canes and place back onto baking sheet.
- Bake 10-12 minutes.
- Cool on cooling rack.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Oven