This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #ElevateYourMeal #CollectiveBias
Carbonara with Peas is a creamy pasta dish made with thick pieces of bacon, garlic, Parmesan cheese, egg and Barilla® Collezione Bucatini for a simple, yet elevated, weeknight meal.
Carbonara with Peas is a gourmet meal that isn’t too complex and requires just a few ingredients making it the perfect dish for busy nights or for a cook that is just dipping their toes into creating more artisanal foods at home. For myself, creating artisanal meals starts with family tradition. The best traditional meals are the ones that supply comfort in every bite and have the power to bring families together around the dinner table. A carbonara is THAT meal for my family.
Barilla® is my go-to pasta to create all kinds of delicious meals for my family from spaghetti and meatballs to tuna casserole. When I want to create a more gourmet pasta dish, I reach for Barilla® Collezione. Barilla® Collezione is made with non-GMO ingredients and crafted using traditional Italian bronze plates for a homemade texture. The bronze cut taste and texture perfectly holds sauce and you can really taste the Collezione difference.
Try all six artisanal Barilla® Collezione pasta shapes:
Carbonara with Peas
Bring on the pasta! Carbonara with Peas is perfect when you want to put a great meal on the table quickly. Not many gourmet dishes have a 7 minute cook time and limited prep work needed like this carbonara. The rich, silky texture of this pasta dish with the garlicky peas and hint of bacon all over is going to put this recipe in your dinner line-up over and over again.
I feel that some people are intimidated by the egg in carbonara but don’t be. The trick to carbonara is to finish cooking the pasta and pan of bacon with peas at the exact same time so you can quickly drain the pasta and add all ingredients together while everything is hot. The hot ingredients is what cooks that raw egg well enough to consume. Make sure the eggs are pasteurized and fresh. After the first bite, your taste buds and tummy will be thanking you for making this dish!Print
Carbonara with Peas is a creamy dish made with thick bacon pieces, garlic, Parmesan cheese, egg and Barilla® Collezione Bucatini for a simple, yet elevated, weeknight meal.
- 12 ounce box Barilla® Collezione Bucatini
- 1 cup frozen peas, defrosted
- 1/2 pound thick cut bacon
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 egg
- 3 egg yolks, reccommend pasteurized
- 1/2 cup reserved pasta water
- 1 cup parmesan cheese, shredded plus more for serving
- fresh ground pepper
- In a small bowl, mix 4 eggs and 1 cup shredded parmesan cheese together. Sprinkle in some ground pepper. Set to side for later.
- Bring 4-6 quarts of water to a boil. Add salt and pasta.
- Boil pasta el dente per instructions on box.
- Chop the bacon.
- Finely mince the garlic cloves.
- Timing is important with Carbonara so right when you put the pasta in the boiling pot, add the bacon into a large preheated saute pan on the stove top. Cook the bacon for 5 minutes or until crispy.
- Add peas and cook another 1 minute.
- Add the minced garlic. Cook until fragrant (about 1 minute). Add in half cup of pasta water from your boiling pot to your bacon pan.
- Immediately drain the pasta as it finishes it cook time. Place the drained pasta into the bacon pan and stir ingredients together.
- Remove the pan from heat and add the egg mixture. Stir well and quickly.
- Serve with some fresh ground pepper and parmesan cheese on top.
This recipe may contain raw egg. I recommend pasteurized eggs to reduce risk of food-born illness.
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Stove top
- Cuisine: Italian
Have you ever made a carbonara at home? Let me know in the comments below and tell me how you elevate everyday dishes using Barilla® Collezione!