Crispy Baked Cod Sandwich
- 1.5 pounds fresh cod
- 3/4 cup flour
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1.5 cup panko
- 1 teaspoon cayenne
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- hamburger buns of choice
- lime (optional)
- Boom boom sauce
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon ketchup
- 1 tablespoon Sriracha
- 1 tablespoon chili sauce
- Pre heat oven to 375 degrees.
- Gather ingredients, measuring cups, 4 bowls, baking sheet, whisk, knife and cutting board.
- Set up 3 bowls. Bowl #1 with the flour. Bowl #2 with 3 eggs that were beaten with the whisk well. Bowl #3 mix panko, cayenne, garlic powder, pinch of salt and pepper. Set bowls up in order of 1-2-3.
- Cut your cod into sandwich size chunks. If the cod is extra wide, you may want to fillet the fish to be thinner.
- Take each piece of cod and cover with flour in bowl #1, then in the egg of bowl #2, followed by the panko coating mixture.
- Set onto the baking sheet and complete each piece of cod the same way. Make sure to get a lot of the panko mixture on the cod for that nice crunch.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes.
- As the cod bakes, start your sauce and chop the cabbage.
- Make the boom boom sauce. Grab a bowl and add mayo, ketchup, chili sauce and sriracha. Give a good mix.
- Assemble your baked cod sandwiches with the bun, cabbage, a piece of cod, a squeeze of lime (optional), and a drizzle of boom boom sauce.