Yields: 24 cupcakes
- Champagne Cupcakes
- 3 egg whites
- 1 box white cake mix
- 1/3 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 1/4 cup rose champagne (alcoholic or non alcoholic)
- red food coloring
- Champagne Frosting
- .5 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- .5 cup vegetable shortening
- 1/4 cup rose champagne (alcoholic or non alcoholic)
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- red food coloring
- Raspberry Champagne Drizzle
- 3/4 cup rose champagne (alcoholic or non alcoholic)
- 1 cup raspberries
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- Gather ingredients, mixing bowls, measuring cups, and hand or stand mixer, strainer for the raspberries, pan, muffin pan, cupcakes liners, decorating bag, large cupcake tip, and cupcake decorations of choice.
- Wash raspberries and place on towel to dry.
- Pre heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place cupcake liners in muffin pan.
- In a large mixing bowl, add 3 egg whites, 1 box of white cake mix, 1/3 cup unsalted butter at room temperature, and 1 1/4 cup rose pink champagne.
- Mix well. Add a dab of red food coloring and mix in using a spatula. Start with just a little food coloring and add more if needed. A little goes a long ways.
- Fill cupcake liners 3/4 full of cupcake mixture.
- Cook for 20 minutes.
- Let cool.
- Start your raspberry champagne drizzle as the cupcakes cool. Place a pan on medium heat. Add 3/4 cup rose champagne, 1 cup raspberries, and 3/4 cup sugar. Let bubble for 10 minutes while whisking frequently.
- Strain raspberries into a bowl to remove the seeds. Let cool.
- In a large mixing bowl, add .5 cup vegetable shortening, .5 cup unsalted butter, and 4 cups powdered sugar. Use the hand mixer to thoroughly mix into a frosting.
- Add a dab of red food coloring to frosting. remember the coloring goes a long way. Stir in completely.
- Place frosting in decorating bag with tip of choice. I prefer the larger tips. Frost each cupcake.
- Drizzle each cupcake with a dab of raspberry champagne sauce. Just use a small spoon and pour a pinch on each cupcake.
- Decorate further as you wish. Today I placed a decorative candy pearl on each. A fresh raspberry, cake sparkler or glittery sprinkles would also be great options.
- Preparation time: 30 minutes
- Cook time: 20 minutes