Cheesy Potato Soup is a comfort dish made with Russet potatoes, onion, Velveeta, and garlic topped with crispy bacon pieces, sharp cheddar cheese and chives.
- 3 pounds Russet potatoes (chopped)
- 2 garlic cloves (minced)
- 5 cups water
- 4 chicken bouillon cubes
- 1 small white onion (diced)
- 16 ounces Velveeta (cubed)
- ground pepper
- 6 slices bacon (cooked extra crispy)
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese (shredded)
- chives (chopped)
- Wash and cube 3 pounds potatoes. We leave the skin on our potatoes but you can peel before dicing. Put into crock-pot.
- Dice the onion and put into crock-pot.
- Add 5 cups water, 4 bouillon cubes and 2 minced garlic cloves in crock-pot.
- Cube the pound of Velveeta cheese and add to crock-pot.
- Set crock-pot on low 6 hours.
- Stir well and use a potato masher to mash some of the potatoes. Just enough to thicken up the broth.
- Stir again and serve with ground pepper, crispy bacon pieces, shredded cheese and chives.
- Category: dinner