Cherry Cola Jalapeno Meatballs are made with ground beef, ground sausage, jalapeno cooked in the pressure cooker with cherry cola, cherry preserve and barbeque sauce.
- 1 pound lean ground sirloin
- 1/2 pound ground Italian sausage
- 1/2 cup oats
- 1 teaspoon Italian medley seasoning
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 onion, finely chopped (about 1/4 cup)
- 1 jalapeno, very finely chopped (about 1/4 cup)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 cup barbecue sauce
- 1/4 cup cherry preserve
- 2 cups cherry cola
- In a mixing bowl, add your ground meats and use your hands to mix together (gloves recommended).
- Add the oats, Italian seasoning, eggs, chopped onion, chopped jalapeno, salt, and pepper to the meat and mix all together.
- Cover and place in fridge for up to 24 hours.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Form the meatballs with your hands or a meat baller and place onto a baking sheet. See notes.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- In the inner pot of the pressure cooker, add barbecue sauce (your favorite), cherry preserve and the cherry cola. Press the sautee button to 5 minutes and whisk ingredients.
- Dump the meatballs into pressure cooker and close lid.
- Press the soup/stew button and cook for 20 minutes.
- Let the pressure cooker depressurize and then carefully release the steam.
You can also brown the meatballs on the sautee setting of your pressure in batches.
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Pressure Cooker