Chicken Spinach Manicotti
- 23 ounce jar RAGÚ® Homestyle Thick & Hearty Roasted Garlic Sauce
- 2 cup shredded cooked chicken
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped basil (optional)
- 1 tablespoon fresh chopped parsley (optional garnish)
- 16 ounce bag frozen chopped spinach
- 15 ounce ricotta
- 1 cup shredded parmesan
- 1.5 cups shredded mozzarella
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 package manicotti
- pinch of salt
- pinch of pepper
- Cook chicken and shred. I placed 2 chicken breasts in the crock-pot today but rotisserie chicken works great.
- Defrost spinach and towel dry to get rid of water.
- In a large pot, bring water to a rapid boil and cook manicotti according to the package directions. Drain.
- Pre heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Chop parsley and basil.
- In a large mixing bowl make your filling, add 2 cups shredded chicken, 4 ounces cream cheese, spinach, 15 ounces ricotta, .5 cup parmesan (save the other .5 cups for later), 1.5 cups mozzarella, 2 tablespoons chopped basil (optional) , pinch of salt and pepper, and 1 egg. I use a spatula to mix all ingredients together well.
- Place half the jar of RAGÚ® Homestyle Thick & Hearty Roasted Garlic Sauce in bottom of large baking dish. Save the remainder for later.
- Put chicken spinach filling into a pastry bag. Cut wide slit on bottom.
- Fill each manicotti and place into baking dish on top of sauce.
- Cover manicotti with remainder of sauce.
- Sprinkle top of manicotti with remainder of parmesan (.5 cup).
- Cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes.
- Sprinkle chopped parsley on top and serve.