Chicken with Broccoli Tortellini Alfredo
- 2 tablespoons flour (flour is optional, use if you want a thick sauce)
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1.5 cups shredded parmesan cheese
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- .5 teaspoon salt
- .5 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound cheese tortellini
- 1 pound chicken breast
- 2 cups chopped broccoli
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Fillet a large chicken breast (about 1 pound) into 2 pieces.
- Heat a large pan on medium heat. Add olive oil and chicken breast fillets. Cook for 10 minutes or until the edges are white and flip for another 10 minutes. Cover the chicken with a lid.
- As the chicken cooks, boil water in a large pot.
- Add broccoli into boiling water and cook for 5 minutes. Strain broccoli from water and set to the side.
- In your large pot, cook the tortellini according to the package directions and strain.
- When the chicken is finished cooking, remove from pan and slice. Keep to the side.
- In the pan, make your alfredo sauce. Add the flour and butter and whisk while slowly adding in the heavy cream. Add the cream cheese, minced garlic, salt, pepper, Italian seasoning and whisk until thickened and smooth. Add the 1.5 cups parmesan cheese and turn off heat. Whisk well until melted and creamy.
- Add the broccoli, chicken slices and tortellini to stir together.
- Serve with some extra parmesan cheese if you like.