Chili Mac is an easy family dinner made with lean ground beef, onion, bell pepper, tomato sauce, kidney beans, beef stock, chili seasoning, pasta and lots of delicious cheddar cheese.
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 small yellow onion
- 1 green bell pepper
- 8 ounce tomato sauce
- 15.5 ounce can kidney beans, drained
- 32 ounce beef stock (beef broth may be substituted)
- 1.25 ounce envelope chili seasoning
- 3 cups elbow macaroni, dry
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
Toppings (You Pick)
- more shredded cheese
- pico de gallo
- serrano or jalapeno peppers
- sour cream
- hot sauce
- On the stovetop, break up and brown the ground beef cooking on a medium-high heat.
- Dice the onion and add to the pan with the ground beef. Let onion cook with meat for about 3 minutes.
- Dice the bell pepper and add to pan along with the tomato sauce, drained kidney beans, beef stock and seasoning. Bring to a simmer.
- Add pasta, place on a low simmer and cover for 9 minutes or until pasta is cooked el dente.
- Remove from heat, stir in shredded cheese. Stir until cheese is fully melted.
- Serve with toppings of choice.
- Try it with 2 envelopes of chili seasoning for a boost of flavor!
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Stovetop
Keywords: chili, pasta, dinner, cheese