Chocolate Chip Banana Bread is a classic banana bread recipe made with overripe bananas, butter, eggs, flour and other basic baking ingredients and chocolate chips.
- non-stick spray
- 3 bananas (overripe )
- 2 eggs (large)
- 1 cup sugar ((granulated or brown))
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter (melted**)
- 1 Tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray a loaf pan with non-stick spray.
- In a mixing bowl, mash 3 overripe bananas.
- Add eggs, sugar, vanilla extract and melted butter. Stir ingredients together.
- Add flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Stir ingredients together.
- Mix in a cup of chocolate chips and pour into loaf pan. Sprinkle a few more chocolate chips over the top.
- Bake 50-60 minutes. A toothpick inserted should come out clean when done.
- Let cool and serve.
**6 Tablespoons vegetable oil can be substituted for butter
- Category: Breakfast, Snack