Chocolate Waffles are made with basic baking ingredients, cocoa powder and chunks of milk chocolate. Top with fresh strawberries and whipped cream for a special breakfast.
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 3 Tablespoons confectioners sugar
- 1 Tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 cups whole milk
- 4 ounces milk or dark chocolate (chopped)
- 2 egg whites
- non-stick cooking spray
- strawberries (sliced)
- whipped cream
- chocolate syrup
- Add the dry ingredients into a mixing bowl and whisk together. Dry ingredients are flour, cocoa powder, confectioners sugar, and salt.
- Add the vegetable oil, milk and vanilla extract. Whisk together.
- In a separate bowl, beat the egg whites to a peak where the egg is like a stiff foam. Fold in the egg whites into the batter.
- Chop up a chocolate bar and fold into batter. You can use any baking chocolate you like – dark or milk.
- Heat up your waffle iron.
- Spray iron with non-stick spray. Add 1/2 cup batter (for a single waffle maker) and use a spatula to spread out the batter.
- Cook each waffle for 3 minutes or per waffle iron recommended cooking time.
- Top with chocolate syrup drizzle, sliced strawberries and whipped cream.
- Category: Breakfast, brunch