Cinnamon Swirl Pancakes are made with a basic pancake batter with added nutmeg and a pinch of sugar with a delicious swirl of cinnamon and brown sugar and topped with a buttery icing to seriously take pancake mornings to the next level.
I think my family is pretty typical with that we love having a big breakfast every Sunday morning. The perfect Sunday morning for me starts with sleeping in longer than normal and taking my time getting out of bed. Then, heading to the kitchen in my pajamas to whip up some breakfast for everyone.
These Cinnamon Swirl Pancakes are a great Sunday morning breakfast that kids and adults both love. They taste like cinnamon rolls but in pancake form with lots of cinnamon and buttery goodness. I think this is where I insert [happy dance]. I put an icing on top instead of butter or syrup but you can certainly pick a maple syrup if you choose.
Cinnamon Swirl Pancakes
Cinnamon Swirl Pancakes look like they have a lot of ingredients but they are really basic ones and come together easily. The only downer is all the dishes (you need 3 mixing bowls) but trust me when I say that it is totally worth it!
Tips & Tricks
The only tip I have for you today is to stay organized. Get out your 3 mixing bowls and make each item individually before beginning to cook. If you do that- this recipe is a breeze and anyone can make these yummy pancakes!
Cinnamon Swirl Pancakes are made with a basic pancake batter with added nutmeg and a pinch of sugar with a delicious swirl of cinnamon and brown sugar and topped with a buttery icing to seriously take pancake mornings to the next level. Recipe adapted from Food Network.
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 Tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 Tablespoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cup whole milk
- 2 eggs
- 3 Tablespoons unsalted butter (melted)
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 5 Tablespoons unsalted butter (melted)
- 1 Tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1 1/4 cup confectioners sugar
- 3 Tablespoons whole milk
- 4 Tablespoons unsalted butter (melted)
- In a large mixing bowl, add flour, granulated sugar, baking powder, salt, and nutmeg. Whisk those dry ingredients together.
- Add vanilla extract, milk, and eggs. Whisk together.
- Melt 3 Tablespoons butter in a small microwavable safe bowl for about 20 seconds. Pour the melted butter into the pancake batter and whisk again. Set to the side.
- Whisk together brown sugar and ground cinnamon in a small mixing bowl.
- Melt 5 Tablespoons butter in a small microwavable safe bowl for about 20 seconds. Pour the melted butter into the cinnamon mix and whisk again.
- Pour the cinnamon swirl mixture into a sandwich bag and seal. When you are ready to use just cut a small section of the corner tip to use.
- In a third mixing bowl, whisk together confectioners sugar, 3 Tablespoons milk and just a pinch of salt.
- Melt 4 Tablespoons butter in a small microwavable safe bowl for about 20 seconds. Pour the melted butter into the icing mix and whisk again.
Cinnamon Swirl Pancakes
- Pre-heat griddle to 375 degrees.
- Measure out 1/4 cup pancake batter and place onto griddle. Repeat this for as many pancakes will fit on your griddle.
- Use the cinnamon swirl mix from the cut sandwich to create a swirl on each pancake starting from the center.
- Cook for 2 minutes and flip.
- Cook another 1 minute, 30 seconds.
- Serve with a drizzle of icing.
Feel like the sugar is getting slightly “burnt”? Adjust cook time of each side. Cook longer on side without cinnamon swirl, then flip to side with cinnamon for very short time to finish pancake.