Confetti Pancakes is a fun recipe made with basic baking ingredients, cake mix and plenty of sprinkles finished with a simple glaze and whipped topping.
- 1/2 cup white cake mix from the box
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 Tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 Tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg
- 1 1/4 cup milk
- 3 Tablespoons melted butter
- 1/4 cup rainbow jimmy sprinkles
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- butter to grease griddle
Toppings & Glaze
- 1 Tablespoon milk
- 2/3 cup confectioners sugar
- whipped topping
- more jimmy sprinkles
- In a large mixing bowl, add flour, cake mix, granulated sugar, baking powder and salt. Whisk those dry ingredients together.
- Add milk, vanilla extract and egg. Whisk together.
- Melt 3 Tablespoons butter in a small microwavable safe bowl for about 20 seconds. Pour the melted butter into the pancake batter and whisk again.
- Stir in sprinkles
- Pre-heat griddle to 375 degrees. Grease griddle with butter.
- Measure out 1/4 cup pancake batter and place onto griddle. Repeat this for as many pancakes will fit on your griddle.
- Cook for 2 minutes and flip.
- Cook another 1 minutes, 30 seconds.
- Stack pancakes on a plate, drizzle with glaze and a dollop of whipped topping and some sprinkles.
- In a bowl, whisk together 2/3 cup of confectioners sugar with 1 Tablespoon milk. Whisk together to make a glaze. Add more confectioners sugar or more milk as needed to get a thick but pourable consistency.
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Griddle
Keywords: pancakes, birthday, cake