Copycat KFC Bowl can easily be made at home with mashed potatoes, gravy, popcorn chicken, corn and some shredded cheese.
- 1 pound popcorn chicken, frozen (I like Aldi’s)
- 1 pound mashed potatoes ( Bob Evans is good. Found in the refrigerator section.)
- 15 ounce can whole sweet corn
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- .87 ounce envelope turkey gravy mix
- 1 cup water
- ground pepper
- Cook chicken according to package instructions. Ali’s Kirkwood Popcorn Chicken: 450 degrees for 12 minutes in the oven.
- Cook potatoes according to package instructions. Bob Evans : heat in microwave for 3 minutes, stir and cook another 2 minutes.
- Heat corn in microwave in a microwavable safe container for 2 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. May instead heat on stovetop if you prefer.
- Make the gravy on the stovetop according to envelope instructions. Aldi : Whisk one cup water with gravy mix on a medium heat bringing to a boil. Remove from heat.
- Assemble bowls. Place 1/4 of the mashed potatoes into a bowl. Pour some gravy over top. Add corn, shredded cheese and popcorn chicken. Serve.
- I will make 2 pounds of mashed potatoes instead of one when my family (the teenager) is really hungry!
- More of an inspired by KFC than actual copycat recipe for a meal that is crazy simple.
- Category: Dinner
Keywords: mashed potatoes, chicken, gravy, simple, kid friendly, corn