Cornbread Casserole is made with kernel corn, creamed style corn, corn muffin mix, sour cream and melted butter.
Corn Casserole is basically a hybrid of Cornbread and Creamed Corn put into one simple, delicious dish. It makes for a great addition to a holiday dinner or just to make on the weekend with some comforting soup when it is cold outside. Two amazing comfort foods put into one casserole- you are going to love it!
You may also like this Hash Brown Casserole recipe.
Cornbread Casserole is one of those dishes you really cannot mess up! This no fail recipe calls for a handful of ingredients that get mixed together and tossed in the oven. Works perfectly every time making it a great fall back when cooking a big meal like Thanksgiving dinner to have at least one super easy dish to be able to cook and not worry about.
- Gather the 5 ingredients needed and 2.5 – 3 quart casserole dish. Ingredients needed: can whole kernel corn, can creamed style corn, butter, corn muffin mix and sour cream.
- Drain the can of whole kernel corn and melt the butter. I like to just pop the butter in the microwave in a ramekin until it has melted.
- Add all ingredients to a mixing bowl, stir together and place into casserole dish. When I don’t want to dirty an extra bowl, I just stir the ingredients right in the casserole dish.
- Bake for 50 minutes uncovered on 350 degrees. You will know it is done when the top just begins to brown.
- Doesn’t get much easier! Just let the dish cool for a few minutes and then serve.
Try adding some extra flavor to this Cornbread Casserole. A cup of shredded cheddar cheese, some finely diced jalapeño, green chiles, bacon, or some fresh herbs like rosemary and thyme. Of course this dish is delicious on its own but adding a little extra something can take over the top.
Cornbread Casserole is made with kernel corn, creamed style corn, cornbread mix, sour cream and melted butter.
- 15 ounce can whole kernel corn, drained
- 15 ounce can cream style corn
- 8.5 ounces corn muffin mix
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Melt butter in microwave in small microwavable safe bowl for 45 seconds.
- Drain the can of kernel corn.
- Add all ingredients to a mixing bowl and stir.
- Pour into 2.5 quart casserole dish. Smooth top to even out mixture.
- Bake uncovered for 50 minutes.
- Remove from oven, let cool for a five minutes and serve.
- Category: Sides
- Method: Oven
Keywords: Cornbread, Corn