Creamy Honey Mustard Chicken is made on the stove top with a shallot, chicken broth, bit of heavy cream, garlic, dijon mustard, honey, stone ground mustard and boneless chicken breasts served over Idahoan® Mashed Potatoes. Add some roasted broccoli for a simple, yet delicious, family meal any day of the week.
- 2 large boneless chicken breasts
- 1 shallot (finely diced)
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/3 cup dijon mustard
- 1/3 cup stone ground mustard
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 2 sprigs thyme
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 4 ounces Idahoan® Mashed Potatoes ( Buttery Homestyle®)
- Filet two large boneless chicken breasts to make 4 pieces. Season each side of the chicken with salt and pepper.
- Mince the garlic and finely dice the shallot.
- Remove the leaves from a sprig of thyme.
- In small bow, mix together the honey, dijon mustard and stone ground mustard to make a honey mustard.
- On the stove top – heat up a skillet to a medium-high heat. Once the pan is hot, add a drizzle of olive oil to the bottom of the pan and add the chicken breasts. Cook for 14 minutes or until internal temperature has reached 165 degrees, flipping half way through. remove the chicken from pan and place onto a plate while you reduce the heat to a medium and begin the sauce.
- Add another drizzle of olive to the bottom of the pan and add your shallots. Season with salt and pepper. Stir and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the minced garlic and cook for another 30 seconds making sure not to burn the garlic.
- Add the chicken broth, heavy cream, honey mustard mixture, thyme leaves and one thyme sprig to pan and bring to a simmer for 2 minutes. Add the chicken back to the pan and turn off heat.
- As the chicken cooks, start your Idahoan Mashed Potatoes in a pot. For the potatoes, add 2 cups of water and bring to a boil. Remove the boiling water from heat and add pouch of potatoes. Mix with a fork and let stand 1 minute.
- Serve the chicken over a bed of Idahoan Mashed Potatoes with a spoonful of the honey mustard sauce. Roasted broccoli is also a great addition for a complete dinner.