Crispy Peanut Butter Balls are an easy no-bake dessert made with crunchy peanut butter, rice cereal, butter, confectioners sugar and chocolate.
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter (softened)
- 2 cups crunchy peanut butter
- 2 1/2 cups confectioners sugar
- 2 1/2 cups crispy rice cereal
- 10 ounces chocolate melting wafers
- 4 teaspoons shortening
- Add softened butter and peanut butter into a microwave safe bowl. Cook in microwave for 1 minute and stir well.
- Slowly add in confectioners sugar mixing the ingredients into a dough. Use a spatula or even a your hands to thoroughly mix.
- Add crispy rice cereal. Stir well.
- Roll 1 inch balls and place onto a parchment covered cookie sheet. It helps to use press the ingredients together into a ball with your hands.
- Place peanut butter balls into freezer for 15 minutes.
- Place the chocolate wafers and shortening into a microwave safe bowl. Cook in 30 second increments, stirring between, until chocolate is fully melted.
- Dip each peanut butter ball into melted chocolate and place back onto parchment paper. I like to use a toothpick to dip but a fork also works well or whichever method you prefer. Add sprinkles immediately.
- Serve when chocolate has hardened.
- Category: Dessert