Crock-Pot Turkey Chili is made in the slow cooker with three beans, lean ground turkey, bell pepper, yellow onion, seasonings and tomatoes. Top with whatever goodies your family enjoys including sour cream, shredded cheddar cheese and tortilla strips.
This Turkey Chili is a family favorite for those chilly days through the winter. The simplicity and wholesome comfort makes this meal a real winner. We like to add beans to our chili to give more flavor and heartiness. The recipe also calls for ground turkey and V8 juice to give more nutritional value and less fat than a typical chili. Try our homemade Chili Seasoning and add this to the dinner lineup!
Crock-Pot Turkey Chili
Get slow cooking!
Begin by browning the ground turkey on the stove-top with a bit of olive oil and season with salt and pepper before adding to the crock-pot. Chop the onion and bell pepper and add to the crock-pot followed by all the beans, tomatoes, tomato paste, V8 Juice, hot sauce and chili seasoning. We like to prep this chili the night before so in the morning everything just gets dumped in the crock-pot before work and we can home with a zero hassle, warm, comforting family dinner.
Switch up your Crock-pot Turkey Chili with different toppings! Here are some ideas to mix and match:
- Red onion
- Serrano or Jalapeno
- Sour Cream
- Tortilla strips
- Hot sauce
- Shredded cheese
- Avocado slices
Crock-Pot Turkey Chili
- 1+ pounds ground turkey
- olive oil
- 15 ounce can kidney beans drained
- 15 ounce can great northern beans drained
- 15 ounce can black beans drained
- 15 ounce can diced petite tomatoes drained
- 1 red bell pepper chopped
- 1 yellow onion chopped
- 3 cups vegetable juice
- 1 envelope chili seasoning
- 6 ounces tomato paste
- 1-3 Tablespoons Hot sauce optional
- Brown the ground turkey on the stove-top with some olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Place into crock-pot.
- Drain the beans and tomatoes. Add to crock-pot.
- Chop the onion and bell pepper. Add to crock-pot.
- Add in the tomato paste, 1 envelope chili seasoning and hot sauce. Add 2 Tablespoons for a medium spice level, 1 for mild and 3 for HOT depending on how your family likes it. My family likes it with 2 Tablespoons.
- Stir ingredients together and cook on low for at least 5 hours.
- Serve with toppings of choice. We enjoy serrano peppers, sour cream, shredded cheddar cheese and tortilla strips.