Crockpot Holiday Mashed Red Potatoes with Gouda
Yields: 15 servings
- 5 pounds red potatoes
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 sprigs rosemary
- 8 ounces gouda cheese, shredded
- .5 cup chicken broth
- .5 cup sour cream
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- Salt (to taste)
- Pepper (to taste)
- Wash and quarter 5 pounds of red potatoes.
- Peel potatoes if you wish. I like to peel half to keep some skin.
- Place chopped red potatoes, .5 cup chicken broth, minced garlic cloves and 3 sprigs of rosemary in crockpot.
- Cook on high for 3-4 hours.
- Remove rosemary sprigs.
- Add sour cream, cream cheese, shredded gouda, salt and pepper.
- Use a hand mixer to mix ingredients together until creamy. You can add a pinch of milk if you need to thin out the mashed potatoes.
- Cook another 15 minutes so cheese melts and serve.
- Preparation time: 10 minutes
- Cook time: 4 hours