Eggless Chocolate Mousse is a decadent, creamy dessert made with only 4 ingredients of heavy cream, bitter-sweet chocolate, almond extract and confectioners sugar.
- 4 ounces bitter-sweet chocolate, chopped
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract (can be swapped with vanilla extract)
- 2 Tablespoons confectioners sugar
- Place a metal bowl and beaters into freezer for later.
- Chop up a chocolate bar and put into a glass bowl. The higher quality the better.
- Place half the heavy cream (1 cup) into a pan on the stovetop and bring to a low simmer.
- Pour the hot heavy cream over chopped chocolate.
- Whisk until the chocolate has dissolved and then place into fridge while you move on to the next step.
- Remove the metal bowl and beaters from freezer.
- Pour the remainder of the heavy cream (1 cup) into the cold bowl and assemble hand or stand mixer with cold beaters.
- Add almond extract and confectioners sugar to heavy cream and beat to a stiff peak to make a whipped cream.
- Remove the chocolate from fridge and fold into whipped cream.
- Place the mousse into 4 jars, cover and place into fridge until cold.
- Top with fresh fruit, a sprinkle of confectioners sugar or whipped cream if you would like and enjoy.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Stovetop
Keywords: dessert, chocolate, mousse,