Garlic Parmesan Breadsticks
- 1 cup warm water
- 3.5 cups bread flour
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon yeast
- garlic butter
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 clove garlic
- italian parsley
- .5 cups Parmesan cheese
- Gather ingredients, 2 forks, large bowl, small bowl, basting brush, towel, pizza cutter, cookie sheet, and rolling pin.
- Mix 1 teaspoon of yeast in 1 cup of warm water and let sit until yeast is dissolved. This should only take a few minutes and water should be around 105 degrees.
- Dump 3.5 cups of bread flour onto your working area and make a crater in the center for the rest of the ingredients.
- In your crater area, add 2 tablespoons olive oil, 2 tablespoons sugar, and the cup of water with yeast.
- Using your fork, mix from the center out to the edges bringing in the flour as you mix without breaking the crater wall. Add the teaspoon of salt once the flour is mixed to point that the crater walls are not needed.
- Use your hands to mix and knead thoroughly until you have a nice ball of dough. This should take around 5 to 7 minutes.
- Put dough into a bowl with a bit of olive oil to coat it from sticking. Place a towel over and let sit for one hour.
- After one hour, use the rolling pin to roll out the dough. Sprinkle flour if the dough is ticking.
- Using your pizza cutter, make 10 even cuts to make 12 breadsticks. Twist these and lay on a cookie sheet.
- Let the breadsticks sit for one hour to finish rising.
- Prepare garlic butter. In the small bowl, add 4 tablespoons room temperature butter, 1 clove of minced garlic, fresh Italian parsley and salt to preference. Mix well.
- Pre heat oven to 400 degrees and cook breadsticks for 10 minutes.
- Immediately brush on garlic butter and sprinkle with fresh grated Parmesan cheese. Enjoy!