Grilled Honey Chicken with Strawberry Salsa
- Honey Chicken
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 pounds chicken breasts (thin cut or pounded)
- .5 cup honey
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce, low sodium
- .5 lime
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- pinch of pepper
- Strawberry Salsa
- .5 green bell pepper
- 1 jalapeno
- 1/4 white onion
- 1 lime
- 1 pint strawberries
- .5 cup cilantro
- Pound the chicken breasts if you need to even out the thickness.
- Marinate the chicken. In a large Ziploc bag, add honey, soy sauce, minced garlic, freshly squeezed lime, olive oil and a pinch of pepper. Mix and add the chicken.
- Place chicken in fridge to marinate 20 minutes to 2 hours.
- Pre heat your grill to a medium high heat.
- Prep your strawberry salsa. Finely dice half a green bell pepper, 1/4 of a white onion and 1 jalapeno. Toss into a small mixing bowl.
- Dice your strawberries and chop the cilantro. Add to the bowl.
- Squeeze 1 lime and give the strawberry salsa a mix.
- Cook chicken for 7 minutes on each side.
- Remove from grill and top with strawberry salsa.