Halloween Jello Worm Cups is really fun, kid-friendly holiday treat made with lime jello, gummy worms, candy eyeballs and OREO cookies.
Halloween is almost here and those amazing holiday parties are in full swing on the weekends. These Halloween Jello Worm Cups are a super simple treat to make for kids and adults that are tasty and festive. The perfect addition to a Halloween party table with the bright colors and creepy vibe.
You may also enjoy these Halloween Popcorn Balls for another simple holiday treat!
Halloween Jello Worm Cups
Halloween Jello Worm Cups have a strong lime flavor with a chocolaty topping. Gummy worms and candy eyes are filled inside this dessert for interesting textured surprises within. I like to also name the ingredients something fun for the kids so Jello turns into “toxic waste” and the crushed OREO is “dirt”. Kids have a total blast with these dessert cups to find all the worms and eyeballs inside!
Tips & Tricks
Make sure to do the fast setting process with the Jello or other gelatin mixture you may be using. This process involves adding ice cubes to your boiling water and gelatin mixture which allows it to set quickly. This way you can add in the Halloween candies at the perfect time so they appear to be stuck in the middle of the toxic waste and crawling out of the dirt! A toothpick can help you get those candies exactly where you want them.
Candy eyes may bleed slightly which is fine. I think it adds to the creepy factor a little. However, you can swap the candy eyes for a gummy eyeball if preferred.
Halloween Jello Worm Cups
- 3 ounces lime gelatin
- 1 cup boiling water
- 2 cups ice
- 10 OREO cookies, thins
- 3.5 ounces Troli Sour Bright Crawlers, minis
- candy eyes
- Bring 1 cup water to a boil.
- Remove from heat and add in gelatin packet. Whisk for 3 minutes or until gelatin is completely dissolved.
- Add 2 cups ice and whisk for 5 minutes. If there are some pieces of ice leftover, just remove them after 5 minutes if not melted completely. The mixture should be setting up at this point.
- Pour the mixture into four 5.5 ounce cups.
- Place gummy worms into each cup and a few candy eyeballs. Using a toothpick can help push the gummy worms and eyeballs down where you would like them so they are floating in the middle of the cups.
- Let chill in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Crush up OREO cookies and sprinkle over the top of each cup with a few more gummy worms and candy eyes. The best way to crush OREO's is either placing the cookies into a sandwich bag and paddling it with a rolling pin or putting through a food processor.