Hibiscus Tea Margarita is a simple cocktail made with silver tequila, triple sec, lime juice and passion herbal tea served in a salt rimmed glass. Refreshing and beautiful!
This is a recipe I have been meaning to share for a while! Margaritas are a staple cocktail when I choose to have a drink or two and this particular one is fruity without being really sugary and just goes down easy. Perfect drink for lounging by the pool during summer or to share a few drinks with friends on the weekend. With Christmas being a week away, I even see this margarita served as a holiday drink with a cinnamon stick garnish with the great color and white rim putting a more tropical spin on Christmas.
Hibiscus Tea Margarita
Hibiscus Tea Margarita is very simple to make. Start by steeping a batch (small or large) of the passion fruit tea. This can be done ahead of time as you will want the tea to cool for a little bit. When the tea is ready, just pour all the ingredients into your ice filled, salt brimmed glass and serve. Squeeze a little lime juice in before sipping.
What is passion passion herbal tea?
I enjoy the Tazo Passion Herbal Tea in this recipe. It has flavors of hibiscus flower (hence the cocktail name), orange peel and rose hip. The best way to describe the tea is fruity with a great flowery aroma. It offers a somewhat light flavor in a cocktail but still strong enough to mix well with tequila
“Can I Use Sugar Instead of Salt on the Rim?”
Yes, sugar is also very tasty on the rim of glass instead of salt. Whichever you choose, make sure it is coarse and rim the glass with a lime wedge before dipping.Print
Hibiscus Tea Margarita is a simple cocktail made with silver tequila, triple sec, lime juice and passion herbal tea served in a salt rimmed glass.
- 1 1/2 ounces silver tequila
- 1 ounce triple sec
- 2+ ounces passion herbal tea
- lime wedge
- coarse salt
- Make batch of the passion herbal tea. Bring 1 cup water to a simmer. remove from heat and let 2 tea bags steep in water for 5 minutes. Remove tea bags and let cool. This will make multiple margaritas.
- Slice lime into wedges.
- Rim a glass with a lime wedge and then dip into coarse salt. Place lime wedge on glass for garnish.
- Fill glass with ice.
- Add tequila and triple sec.
- Fill glass with passion herbal tea.
- Serve and squeeze lime into glass before sipping.