This shop has been compensated by Minute® Rice. All opinions are mine alone
Holiday Wild Rice Salad is a wonderfully flavorful, yet really simple side dish made with Minute® Ready to Serve Brown & Wild Rice cups, pomegranate arils, mandarin oranges, parsley and pecan halves mixed together with a lemon-orange dressing. A perfect side to add to any Christmas or holiday menu this season.
Christmas is just a week away and I am thinking about ways to make Christmas dinner spectacular this year but still simplified with dishes that are very quick to toss together yet burst with flavor and color. This Holiday Wild Rice Salad will be hitting my holiday table for those reasons exactly! Simple, beautiful, flavorful and quick. This gives me more time to spend with my family and find a moment to relax from the holiday craziness of parties, shopping, gift wrapping, decorating the house and remembering to move that darn elf on the shelf. All you need for a successful holiday dinner is a ham and a few amazing side dishes. Oh, and don’t forget the dessert.
Holiday Wild Rice Salad
Holiday Wild Rice Salad can be served warm or cold. I personally prefer it warm but it is very nice as a cold dish. Serving it cold seems to also intensify the citrus notes in this dish which is really great with the nuttiness of the Minute® Ready to Serve Brown & Wild Rice. Expect this dish to have a tangy citrus punch that complement the nuttiness nicely, while the pecans add a lovely crunch and the pomegranate arils give a little surprise burst of flavor.
MINUTE READY TO SERVE CUPS
Minute® Ready to Serve microwavable rice cups are a convenient solution to quick holiday side dishes or easy meals anytime, helping you spend less time in the kitchen and more time enjoying the wonderful moments that happen in life when you slow down. Minute® Ready to Serve cups are perfectly portioned to provide the right amount of carbs for all-day energy, are BPA-free and 100% recyclable, and can be ready in 90 seconds or less for a great option for easy, on-the-go breakfasts, lunches, snacks or dinner sides.
Minute Ready to Serve cups are available in several delicious flavors like Jasmine, Basmati, Brown, White and Chicken that pair well with a variety of dishes. The Minute® Ready to Serve Brown & Wild Rice used in this Holiday Wild Rice Salad is chewy, nutty and loaded with whole grains. The perfect combination for a citrus-infused dish.Print
Holiday Wild Rice Salad is a wonderfully flavorful, yet really simple side dish made with Minute® Ready to Serve Brown & Wild Rice cups, pomegranate arils, mandarin oranges, parsley and pecan halves mixed together with a lemon-orange dressing.
- 2 – Minute® Ready to Serve Brown & Wild Rice Rice cups
- 1/3 cup pomegranate arils
- 1/3 cup mandarin orange slices, canned
- 2 Tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/4 cup pecan halves
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons juice from orange (approx. 1/2 orange)
- 1 Tablespoon juice from lemon (approx 1/2 lemon)
- 1 teaspoon honey
- Ground pepper
- In the microwave, heat up the Minute® Ready to Serve Brown & Wild Rice Rice cups for 1 minute, 30 seconds. Remove from microwave and let cool.
- Remove the arils (seeds) from pomegranate, drain can of mandarin orange slices and chop fresh parsley.
- In a large mixing bowl, add Minute® Ready to Serve Brown & Wild Rice Rice along with the pomegranate arils, orange slices, chopped parsley and pecan halves.
- Make the dressing. Add the olive oil, juice from orange, juice from lemon, honey and a little ground pepper to a small jar with lid. I use a little hand juicer for the orange and lemon. Shake and pour into the mixing bowl.
- Stir ingredients together and serve warm. If you want to serve this dish cold, place in the refrigerator for one hour before serving.
The recipe serves 4. Pictures are with the recipe doubled.
- Category: Side
- Method: Microwave
Keywords: rice, side dish, christmas, thanksgiving
Visit the Minute® Rice website for more simple recipe ideas for your holiday menu!