Holiday Wild Rice Salad is a wonderfully flavorful, yet really simple side dish made with Minute® Ready to Serve Brown & Wild Rice cups, pomegranate arils, mandarin oranges, parsley and pecan halves mixed together with a lemon-orange dressing.
- 2 – Minute® Ready to Serve Brown & Wild Rice Rice cups
- 1/3 cup pomegranate arils
- 1/3 cup mandarin orange slices, canned
- 2 Tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/4 cup pecan halves
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons juice from orange (approx. 1/2 orange)
- 1 Tablespoon juice from lemon (approx 1/2 lemon)
- 1 teaspoon honey
- Ground pepper
- In the microwave, heat up the Minute® Ready to Serve Brown & Wild Rice Rice cups for 1 minute, 30 seconds. Remove from microwave and let cool.
- Remove the arils (seeds) from pomegranate, drain can of mandarin orange slices and chop fresh parsley.
- In a large mixing bowl, add Minute® Ready to Serve Brown & Wild Rice Rice along with the pomegranate arils, orange slices, chopped parsley and pecan halves.
- Make the dressing. Add the olive oil, juice from orange, juice from lemon, honey and a little ground pepper to a small jar with lid. I use a little hand juicer for the orange and lemon. Shake and pour into the mixing bowl.
- Stir ingredients together and serve warm. If you want to serve this dish cold, place in the refrigerator for one hour before serving.
The recipe serves 4. Pictures are with the recipe doubled.
- Category: Side
- Method: Microwave
Keywords: rice, side dish, christmas, thanksgiving