Home Style Scalloped Potatoes
- 2 cups shredded cheese (i used italian cheese mix today but cheddar is also a good choice)
- 3 cups milk
- 6 cups sliced russet potatoes
- 2 tablespoons finely diced white onion
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoon flour
- 3 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- Pre heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Slice your potatoes as thin as possible and lay half in the bottom of a casserole dish. Chop your onion.
- Make your sauce. On the stove pan, heat up a sauce pan on medium heat.
- Add butter and flour. Whisk well and slowly add in the milk.
- Add your diced onion, minced garlic, salt, pepper and whisk until thickened.
- Add your cheese, turn off heat and mix until creamy.
- Pour half your sauce on top of first layer of potatoes in casserole dish.
- Add the rest of your potatoes and the remainder of your sauce.
- Cover with foil and bake for 1 hour.
- After 1 hour, remove foil and let bake 30 more minutes uncovered.
- Remove from oven and let cool 5 minutes.