Homemade Pizza Dough
- 1 cup warm water
- 3.5 cups bread flour
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon yeast
- Gather ingredients, fork, large bowl, towel, pizza cutter, pizza pan or stone, and rolling pin.
- Mix 1 teaspoon of yeast in 1 cup of warm water and let sit until yeast is dissolved. This only takes a few minutes and water should be around 105 degrees.
- Dump 3.5 cups of bread flour onto your working area and make a crater in the center for the rest of the ingredients.
- In your crater area, add 2 tablespoons olive oil, 2 tablespoons sugar, and slowly mix in the cup of water with yeast.
- Using your fork, mix from the center out to the edges bringing in the flour slowly as you mix without breaking the crater wall. Add the teaspoon of salt once the flour is mixed to point that the crater walls are not needed.
- Use your hands to mix and knead thoroughly until you have a nice elastic ball of dough. This should take around 5 to 7 minutes.
- Put dough into a bowl with a bit of olive oil to coat it from sticking. Place a towel over and let sit for one hour.
- After one hour, use the rolling pin to roll out the dough into a round pizza shape. Sprinkle flour if the dough is sticking.
- Time to dress up the pizza with whichever toppings you choose. Try sausage, pepperoni, olives, and bacon for a meat lovers pizza with 2 cups of shredded cheese.
- Pre heat oven to 400 degrees and cook pizza for 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and enjoy.