Stove-Top Macaroni N Cheese is a super quick, super easy and super creamy pasta dish made with elbow macaroni, butter, flour, milk, sharp cheddar cheese, Parmesan cheese with a bit of garlic and mustard powder.
- 1 pound elbow macaroni
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 cups sharp cheddar cheese, (shredded)
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese, (shredded)
- 1 teaspoon salt, (plus more for pasta water)
- ground pepper
- Cook the elbow macaroni according to package instructions.
- Heat another pan on the stove top on a medium heat. When you toss the macaroni into the boiling pot of water, toss the butter into this second pan for the cheese sauce.
- Melt the butter, add flour and whisk well to form a thick paste.
- Add 1 cup of milk right away. Whisk again and then add second cup milk along with the garlic, 1 teaspoon salt and mustard. Whisk until you have a nice creamy consistency.
- Toss in cheese and remove from heat. Whisk until cheese is melted.
- Once the pasta has been cooked and drained, add it to the cheese sauce and stir well.
- Serve with some ground pepper on top.
- Category: dinner