Strawberry Cake Pops
Yields: 8 cake pops
- 1/4 cup strawberry frosting
- 1/4 strawberry cake (I used boxed cake and cooked according to box directions. Eggs and vegetable oil were also needed)
- yellow sprinkles
- .5 pound white chocolate for melting
- Bake the cake according to box directions.
- Let cool.
- Wash hands well.
- Crumble 1/4 of the cake into a bowl. You can place the remainder into the freezer for later use.
- Mix in 1/4 cup strawberry frosting.
- Crumble and mix with your hands.
- Use a cake pop press mold or a cookie scoop to mold the cake pops. I use the cookie scoop and place cake in hands to press together and roll into a bowl.
- Place cake balls onto a cookie sheet and let cool in fridge for one hour.
- Remove from fridge.
- Heat a small chunk of white chocolate for one minute.
- Dip the dull end of the skewer into melted chocolate and press into top of cake ball.
- Let chill in fridge until the chocolate has set up.
- Cook the remainder of the white chocolate according to directions.
- Dip each cake pop into chocolate, place sprinkles over top and place in the foam to let set.
- Put together your cake pop bouquet.