Huevos Rancheros Waffles are made with a layer of refried beans, salsa fresca, fresh avoacado slices, a fried egg and crumbled cotija cheese served on Van’s® Power Grains® Original Waffles.
- 2 Van’s® Power Grains® Original Waffles ( also try Van’s® Gluten Free Original Waffles)
- 1/4 cup refried beans
- 1/4 cup salsa fresca
- 1 egg, fried
- 2 avocado slices
- crumbled cotija cheese
- fresh cilantro garnish
- 1 lime wedge (optional)
- non-stick cooking spray
- Toast the Van’s® Power Grains® Original Waffles .
- Heat up refried beans either in the microwave or on the stove top.
- Spread refried beans on top of waffle.
- Cook the egg. Spray a non-stick pan with non-stick cooking spray. Crack and drop the egg into the hot pan on a medium heat. Cover and let cook until the egg white has cooked completely which is about 3 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Place the egg on top of the waffle and beans.
- Top with salsa fresca , crumbled cotija cheese and 2 avocado slices.
- Squeeze the lime wedge over top and garnish with cilantro.
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Toaster
Keywords: Brunch, Eggs, Waffles, Salsa,