Kale Pesto Chicken Sandwich
- French bread (I bought two small ones today)
- 2 tomatoes
- 1/2 bunch of kale
- 2 chicken breasts
- 4 slices provolone cheese
- 1/2 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil plus more
- 3/4 cup almonds
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 cup parmesan cheese
- Gather ingredients, cutting board, knife, foil, food processor and baking sheet.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Wash all fruits and vegetables.
- Take both the chicken breasts and fillet them because you want them to be thinner for the sandwich.
- Lay foil over baking sheet with the 4 pieces of chicken. Cover with a pinch of olive oil, salt and pepper and all sides. Let cook for 40 minutes.
- While the chicken cooks, begin the kale pesto sauce.
- In the food processor, dump 3/4 cup almonds, 1/2 cup olive oil, 2 garlic cloves, 1 cup parmesan cheese, salt and pepper to taste, and 10 kale leaves. Blend for 3 minutes. Taste and add salt if needed. Blend 1 more minute.
- Slice tomatoes.
- After chicken is finished cooking, remove from oven.
- Assemble sandwiches with chicken on bottom, cheese, tomatoes, and kale (optional), slather top of French bread with the kale pesto and viola!