Lamb and Feta Nachos
- 2 pounds boneless lamb shoulder or leg
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 lemon juiced
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- .5 onion
- I bag tortilla chips
- 1 avocado, diced
- 2 Roma tomatoes, diced
- 1 cup Kalamata olives, sliced
- 1- 2 cups tzatziki sauce
- 12 ounces feta cheese
- lemon slices to garnish (optional)
- In a large Ziploc bag, place lamb, 4 garlic cloves minced, squeeze the juice from one lemon, 1/4 cup olive oil, 1 tablespoon oregano, .5 sliced onion and a dash of salt and pepper. Place in fridge and let marinate for minimum of 2 hours. I let it marinate overnight.
- Place the marinated lamb in the crockpot on low of 8 hours with the onion.
- Shred the lamb. I removed the onion but you can keep it for the nachos if you would like.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Diced tomatoes, avocado and slice olives.
- On a baking sheet, spread out your tortilla chips.
- Layer the tortilla chips with the shredded lamb, feta cheese and olives.
- Let bake 10-12 minutes.
- Layer the diced tomatoes, avocado and drizzle your tzatziki sauce.
- Garnish with sliced lemon if you wish.