Last Minute Pasta Dinner
- 1 pound bow tie pasta (any pasta will do)
- 1 can Cannellini beans (any beans will do)
- 1 head of broccoli
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- pinch of salt
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese, plus more to garnish on top
- 1 tablespoon freshly chopped basil (optional)
- Cook pasta according to packaged directions.
- While the pasta cooks, steam or saute broccoli, set aside. I cook my broccoli for about 5 minutes so it is still firm and nutritious.
- Add olive oil to your pan on medium low.
- Add the minced garlic cloves and saute to flavor the oil but not turn the garlic brown.
- Add the lemon juice to the garlic along with a pinch of salt and a ladle full of the pasta water.
- Add the beans and cooked broccoli. Give a good mix and remove from heat.
- Drain pasta when it finishes cooking.
- Add pasta, parmesan cheese and fresh basil in pan and give a good stir.
- Garnish with more parmesan cheese.